Saturday, August 16, 2008

Freedom in Ties

My loyalties lie with no one but myself. That I absent-mindedly continue to be in my job, in relationships even, is part social pressure, part inertia, and partly the fact that I am having a good time. Permanence is not all that comforting to me - irreversibility is scary (Ack!). Unless of course, it brings along with it more variety than I can ever soak up in seven lifetimes.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I want to be a free bird. If there's a leash, please make it invisible and do not tell me about it. Do not ask me to be an adult. I'm busy thinking about time travel and bonsai babies and talking rabbits.

How do you give me all this freedom, and more? Maybe it is your unmuddled nature of thought. All I have to offer in return are few laughs, and some poetry.

Under the sheer power
Of an industrial grade shower
At a cafe named Mix
An alcohorlix
Has found her home.

No comments: