Thursday, September 4, 2008

More the Curiouser

Why did my Earl Grey Tea (with milk) taste distinctly like a banana this afternoon. And why does Jim Croce's 'Operator' remind me of winter? Why does 'Blowin' in the Wind', in any form, sung by any of the umpteen artists always give me gooseflesh in my head? Why were the boy's eyes yellow and why can't I ever forget him. Why can I not seem to maintain friendships with sunken-faced people.

Why does he look like a polar bear and she like a squirrel and I like a mango-faced grasshopper? What master of paradoxes made seaweed taste like crisp jelly.

What is it that we see through the looking glass?

Come, with me. Down the rabbit hole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is weird Operator reminds me of winter too as I am sure it does to a hundred different people...man in a muffler...sometimes at home and sometimes on a payphone outdoors...

Gooseflesh in your head...so does it rise from the inside of your skull into your brain or from your brain towards your skull...

You can keep going down your darn rabbit hole alone...

I currently do not want to be aware of your existence...

mad said...

It rises from within and I am certain it makes my crazy hair stand up a little bit :)
I will deposit the check. today.