Sunday, September 14, 2008

Seurat, nature just beat you

A sunlit canvas was generously spray painted with green, yellow and that faint hue of orange. The randomly planted long ugly twigs reached all the way to the sky, breaking the view into a few non-parallel parts. And in this backdrop, a maroon leaf fell noiselessly, ever so gently, onto the damp soil.

A jet-black snake, that curved too much and hence couldn't be poisonous but scared me nevertheless because i almost stepped on it. Several close-up shots later, I was glad my brave snake-charmer nature-lover dare-devil friend did not venture too close to try and open the snake's mouth, because we never know and i really like him and would hate to see him die. :)

And then the view from the top. Oh, to feel small and large and modest and powerful at the same time.

Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defences.

You alone can make my song take flight -
Help me make the music of the night...

A classic outing that should've taken 6 hours but instead took 14. Between moments of restlessness, I loved every minute of it.

No comments: